Sunday, June 29, 2008

Recalling Bobby Jindal

Well, Jindal signed the incredibly stupid Louisiana Science Education Act, but that didn't seem to upset too many people.

What did upset a lot of people is that he didn't veto a recent pay raise that Louisiana legislators proposed for themselves.

Now papers have been filed calling for a recall of Jindal.

Part of me thinks this is kind of amusing and also appropriate. Another part of me realizes that this is probably dirty pool, trying to taint a young rising star in the party who is being considered as a VP nominee by McCain. Recalls in general are a bad idea, I think. The candidates are vetted by a long and grueling process, and office terms aren't that long. I think if you make your bed, you have to sleep in it. If you screwed up, vote the person out the next election.

Still, I find this somewhat amusing.

No comments: