Friday, July 25, 2008

Off to the Zoo

I'm just going to have to write up most of the conference after the fact, based on my notes. I just don't have time to do it during the conference, unless I live-blogged the talks, and I don't really want to do that.

I enjoyed Shimon Ullman's Rumelhart Prize talk. This morning I attended a talk for a paper that Noam Chomsky was a co-author on, but honestly it just looked like a restatement of a decades-old argument that was weak to begin with. And I attended a symposium of work related to Ullman's, all dealing with visual processing. I'll write up more detailed synopses of these talks...but probably not until I get home.

And this afternoon we're taking a bit of a breather and going to the National Zoo, which is only a few blocks from the hotel.

No comments: