Friday, November 28, 2008

Pecanless Butter Pecan Ice Cream

I once ordered a blueberry muffin at Corner Bakery in Dallas, got to work, and found a blueberry muffin with no blueberries in it. I once ordered chile relleno in a restaurant in Lafayette, Louisiana that didn't have a chile in it.

But last week I got some butter pecan ice cream at Maggie Moo's. When I got it home, I opened it to find butter pecan flavored ice cream, with absolutely no pecans in it. I think Maggie Moo's is one of those places where if you want anything other than smooth ice cream you have to order the nuts/chocolate chips/whatever kneaded into the ice cream. That includes pecans in your butter pecan ice cream. I guess if they did Rocky Road, it would be nut and marshmallow flavored. Bah.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I'm in Texas for the holidays, and I'll be back in the cockpit on Sunday.

No comments: